- 3 granny smith or gala apples
- 2 large cucumbers
- 3 blades shadon beni, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Peel, seed and cut the apple in slices. Some of the peel can be left on if desired. Place in a bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the apples.
- Peel the cucumbers, half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut in ¼ inch thick slices and add to the apples. Mix together.
- Add the shadon beni and mustard. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Add the cayenne pepper if using.
- Toss well or mix gently with a spoon. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Refrigerate until ready to serve.