- 1 refrigerated piecrust, 8 or 9 inch
- 4 – 5 large eggs
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Generous pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 – 5 asparagus spears, blanched or broiled
- 1½ cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh green seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper sauce or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- Extra whole cooked asparagus spears for garnish, optiona
- Bake pie shell as directed in oven. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut the cooked asparagus spears into ½ inch pieces.
- Heat a little oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms Cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Season with a little salt, black pepper and pepper sauce.
- In a bowl beat eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add milk and green seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pastry shell with the cheeses. Evenly spread the asparagus and mushroom mixture over the cheese. Pour the egg mixture on top. Garnish with the extra whole asparagus spears if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Insert a knife in the center to test for doneness. The knife should come out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.