- ½ cup organic quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp cilantro or fresh shadon beni, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mixed diced vegetables
- (corn, carrots, onion, green beans)
- 1 can sardines, packed in oil, drained
- Rinse the quinoa under running water in a strainer. Drain well. Place the quinoa in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the water, which should be enough to just cover the quinoa.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for approximately 10 – 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa has doubled in volume. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the mixture to evenly distribute the sardines and the vegetables. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve.