- 340 grams butter, softened
- 227 grams shortening
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 4¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Basic Sugar Cookie Dough: In a large stand mixer, combine butter and shortening. Cream in the sugars until light in color and fluffier in texture about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed sugars. Separate the dough into four bowls, about two cups in each bowl. Add the extra ingredients to each separate bowl following the instructions below.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Place in freezer for a couple of hours, until firm, and then put into freezer bags or containers. Storein freezer until ready to use.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sugar Cookies: Scoop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough, roll into balls and coat in granulated sugar.White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies: Mix the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries into the basic sugar cookie dough.
- Any other desired color or flavor can be added to make various types that you desire, what is highlighted in the recipe is a guide as to what could be done with this dough, be creative and enjoy.
- Chocolate Cookies:Mix the melted and cooled chocolate and the semi-sweet chocolate chips into the basic sugar cookie dough.