- 1 chicken, cleaned, washed and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp all purpose seasoning
- 2 – 3 stems of fresh large basil, leaves removed
- 5 – 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 pimento peppers, seeded and chopped
- Few dashes soy sauce
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced shadon beni
- 2 tbsp celery, minced
- ½ cup ketchup
- Juice of 1 lime
Soak chicken in some water with some lime juice. Rinse and remove skin from chicken. Place chicken pieces in greased baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mince the garlic and basil leaves together until finely chopped. Rub all over the chicken pieces. Add remaining ingredients. Rub ingredients into chicken pieces. Cover dish with foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
Remove chicken from refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place covered dish in oven.
Bake chicken for 30-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.