- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 beet cooked and peeled, grated finely
- ½ cup goat cheese, softened
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced shadon beni
- 1½ tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp pepper sauce or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley or shadon beni for garnish
- Extra diced beets for garnish
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and the whites in a serving dish. Mash the yolks with a fork. If doubling the recipe, a hand mixer works well here.
- Mix together the beet, lime juice and goat cheese. Add to the yolks and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except those for garnish.
- Mix together until the mixture is well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Pipe or spoon the mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with herb garnish. top with an extra cubed beet. Refrigerate until ready to serve.