- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 – 2 tsp salt
- 1 – 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 tbsp chopped shadon beni
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp all purpose seasoning
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
- 1 head iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 sweet pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed avocado, drizzled with a little lime juice
- Favourite creamy salad dressing
Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet between two sheets of plastic wrap to an even thickness. Place in dish and season with salt, black pepper, celery, shadon beni, juice from lime and all purpose seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile chop lettuce and place in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, corn, sweet pepper, carrots and onion. Toss and set aside.
Remove chicken from refrigerator.
Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. You may add some salt and pepper to the breadcrumbs. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, then eggs and then breadcrumbs ensuring that the breast is entirely coated at each stage.
Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and fry on each side until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel.
To assemble – Place salad on a plate. Add the hardboiled eggs and avocado. Top with a chicken breast. Drizzle with dressing and serve.