- 2 – 3 dasheen bush leaves (callaloo)
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 – 4 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 oz butter
- Salt and black pepper
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chop the callaloo leaves into small pieces.
- Melt butter in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and let cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the tomato and then the callaloo. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Let the mixture cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Evenly spread the vegetables in a layer in the pan. Break the egg over the mixture and season with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle the top with a little grated cheese. Cover and let the egg cook just until set.
- Slide onto a plate and serve.