- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 3 – 4 dasheen leaves (just leaves, chopped)
- 2 pimento peppers, seeded and diced
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Saute the callaloo leaves and pimento peppers in a little oil over medium heat until cooked through. Season with a little salt and pepper. Remove and let cool.
- Place the egg in a bowl. Add the sugar and oil, whisking to incorporate. Mix the coconut powder into the milk. Add the milk to the egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the callaloo mixture.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the flour in two parts to the wet ingredients and mix just until everything is incorporated.
- Heat approximately 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Drop 2 – 3 spoonfuls of batter into the pan, depending on the size of the pan.
- After a short while, bubbles will appear on the surface of the pancake. Turn over on the other side and finish cooking. Remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve warm.