- 1 lb minced meat
- 2 – 3 tbsp fresh green seasoning
- (chopped thyme, celery, shadon beni, chive)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp pepper sauce (optional)
- 12 – 16 small cubes cheddar or mozarella cheese
- Cooking spray
Place meat in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese and spray. Mix just until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Form into even sized meatballs. Press a cheese cube into the center of each meatball, ensuring the cheese is completely covered with the meat.
Place on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least half hour. Remove when ready to cook.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place in preheated oven for approximatly 10 – 12 minutes. Depending on the size of the balls, the cooking time may be a little more or less. Remove from the oven and serve as desired.