- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small sweet pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 3- 4 blades shadon beni, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper or pepper sauce
- 1 – 2 large baguettes,cut in 1 -inch slices
- Black pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 – 3 tbsp olive oil
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
Add the onion and sweet pepper. Let cook for a few minutes just until the onion begins to soften. Add the garlic, tomatoes and celery, stirring into the onion mixture.
Add the black beans, mashing a few in the pan. Add the corn, paprika, cumin and shadon beni.
Season with a little salt and pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread slices on a baking tray lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon mixture onto the bread slices and top with grated cheese.
Place in the preheated oven and bake just until the cheese is melted. Serve.