- 2 cups spelt flour (unbleached white or whole wheat flour can be used)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ – ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 4½ tbsp almond milk
- 4½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract or rose water
- 1 – 2 cups raw kale, no stems (spinach may also be used)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Process kale or dice it extremely fine. Combine all dry ingredients except kale in a medium bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients to form a dough.
- It will be dry at first, so keep stirring until a cookie-dough texture is achieved (it may seem crumbly, that’s okay. Squeeze together and start to roll into balls.
- Place on a cookie tray lined with baking paper, and bake for 11 minutes. They will look underdone. Remove from the oven and let them cool, during this time they will firm up.
- You can also make extra cookie dough balls and freeze them to bake at a later date.