- 1 large bunch red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 large bunch, green seedless grapes, halved
- 4 – 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 5 – 6 blades shadon beni, minced
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 hot pepper (scotch bonnet), seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup vodka or brandy, optional
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced (optional)
Place the grapes in a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Let rest for approximately ½ hour in refrigerator if desired to allow the flavours to blend and the salt to draw liquid from the fruit.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.