- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz butter or margarine
- 4 oz granulated sugar
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add the oats, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well. Add the butter/margarine and cut the margarine into the flour mixture, until the mixture resembles crumbs. The dough should hold when squeezed together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium square baking pan (eg a brownie pan).
- Press the dough firmly into pans, ensuring the dough is evenly distributed. Mark the dough with a knife into squares.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes or unitl golden brown. Remove from oven and mark again with knife.
- Sprinkle with a little more sugar. Remove and place on cooling rack. Store in a well-sealed container when cool.