- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 oz butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- COCONUT GLACE FROSTING
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Few tbsp coconut milk
- Extra shredded coconut, white sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin/tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Whisk in the coconut milk, shredded coconut and essence. Add in the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the cakes are cooked through. Remove from the pans and let cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with the icing and sprinkle with a little shredded coconut or sprinkles to decorate.
- For the icing: Place the icing sugar in a small bowl. Add the coconut milk a little at a time, stirring into the sugar until smooth. The frosting should be thick but still flowing so you may need to add more icing sugar or milk to achieve the desired consistency.