- 2 lbs cow heel, cleaned
- 4 tbsp green seasoning
- (chopped chives, thyme, shadon beni, celery)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ lb pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 pimento peppers, chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 ½ lbs assorted ground provisions,
- peeled and cut into chunks
- (e.g dasheen,sweet potato,eddoes, yam)
- Dumplings (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
In a large pot, add the cow heel and green seasoning. Cover with 2 quarts water. Add the garlic, pumpkin, onion, pimentos, and scotch bonnet pepper.
Bring to a boil and cook for 2 hours or until the cow heel is tender. Skim off the fat intermittently when boiling.
Add the provisions, salt and pepper and cook for a further 15 – 20 minutes or until the provisions are cooked.
Add the dumplings if using and let soup simmer for 5 – 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.