Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 lb cow heel
- Juice of 2 limes mixed in 1 cup water
- ½ cup split peas, preferably soaked overnight
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1lb green fig
- 1 medium dasheen, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1lb pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 1 pack instant chicken soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- Fresh ground seasoning (chive, celery, thyme, garlic, peppers, chadon beni
- Processed together in blender
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- (Combine flour and salt add water to make dough Knead until dough is stiff. Set aside)
Clean cow heel and then wash with 1 cup lime water. Using a pressure cooker, cook the cow heel until tender. Season with 1 tablespoon of fresh seasoning
Place 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in pot. Add 1 tbsp of grind seasoning and onion and sauté.
Add the peas, the cow heel and then add 8 cups of water and bring to boil. Let the peas cook for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
Add carrots, green fig and dasheen and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes and pumpkin and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
Roll the dough into long pieces and cut in size of choice before placing in pot. Allow to cook for another 3 – 5 minutes for the dumplings to cook. Then add the instant soup.
Let simmer for a further 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve.