- 3 cups flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- 2½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ¾ cup raisins and dried cranberries (soaked in a little brandy for ½ hour, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a larger bowl, with a stand or hand mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture and beat well. The mixture will be a bit dense. Mix in the grated zucchini, cranberries and raisin mixture. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour – 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove and test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in center, which should come out clean.
- Remove from pans after 5 minutes and let cool on a wire rack. Serve.