- 2 bone in chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 sm head garlic cut in ½ horizontally
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp all spice powder
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 birds eye chili/1 fresh cayenne pepper (opt)
- 1 ½ ” pcs. Ginger root, julienned
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (available at FRESH)
- 2 tsp. rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 blade shadon beni sliced thin
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Opt vegetables – ½ cup cooked cubed sweet potato/ pumpkin/carrots/Corn (yellow)
- 1 cup washed & sliced swiss chard, spinach, boc choy or kale (green)
- Place chicken, garlic, salt, bay leaf, ginger & all spice into a pot with the water & chicken stock. Bring to a low simmer over high fire.
- Reduce heat to low & cook 25-30 min. depending on size of chicken breasts. You may also cut the chicken breast in ½.
- Remove chicken, cool slightly & shred into med sized chunks.
- Meanwhile cook a couple of the yellow optional items listed. Chop the greens
- Strain stock into another pot, bring broth back to a boil. Add chicken,mushrooms, sweet potato, chili. Hold herbs herbs & chopped greens until the stock has come back to a boil @ 8 min, turn off heat.
- Add herbs & greens cover 3 min. taste adjust seasoning and serve hot.