- 3 tbsp oil
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh minced green seasonings
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 3 cans of chickpeas (channa), drained
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup of cream
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt to taste
In a stockpot, heat oil, add garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, chili powder, cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Do not let garlic burn.
Add chickpeas, toss with garlic mixture and cook for another minute. Add stock and water, bring to boil and allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes.
Cool mixture a little. Puree the soup in batches until smooth. Return puree to stock pot, add cream and lime juice under a low heat. If mixture is too thick add a little more stock. Season with salt to taste and serve.