- 4 – 6 (4-oz) salmon fillets, skinless cut in large chunks
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper sauce or ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and black pepper
- Dried herb of choice eg parsley, chive, thyme
- Oil for frying
- Place the salmon in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, green seasoning, paprika and pepper sauce. Let marinate for at least half hour. This can be refrigerated up to overnight.
- Mix lime juice into the salmon,
- Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Season the flour and the breadcrumbs with a little salt and black pepper. Mix in the dried herbs into the breadcrumbs.
- Bread the salmon chunks, a few at a time first coating lightly with flour, then eggs and finally the seasoned breadcrumbs. Ensure the salmon is well coated at each stage.
- Heat a large frying pan with at least 1-inch thickness of oil over medium high heat. Add the salmon a few at a time, not crowding the pan. Cook on one side for a few minutes until golden brown and then finish cooking on the other. The length of cooking will depend on the size of the chunks.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to drain any excess oil. Place on a platter and serve with a dip of your choice.