- 1 3-3½ lb chicken, cleaned, washed and cut up
- 1 lime
- Green seasoning: chive, thyme, parsley, chadon beni, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 small onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 pimentos seeded and cut in pieces
- 3 cups cooked or uncooked pigeon peas
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Black pepper
- 2 heaped tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp geera powder
- ¼ cup oil
Season chicken, which has been washed in lime juice to cut freshness. Use green seasoning, 2 garlic cloves, black pepper and salt and leave for a few hours to marinate.
Heat oil in large heavy-duty pot with 4 cloves of garlic to burn.
Remove garlic and add onions, pimentos and remaining 2 cloves garlic cut in pieces. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Mix curry powder in a little water and add to hot oil with onion mixture. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
Add seasoned chicken and stir to coat with curry mixture. Add uncooked pigeon peas and stir. Add a little water, coconut milk, mix and cover. Reduce heat after 10 minutes. Keep adding a little water if necessary.
When halfway cooked add sliced potatoes. Again add a little water if necessary. When potatoes are cooked add geera and mix well. Taste to adjust seasonings.