- 2 cups orzo pasta or small shaped pasta
- 2 large cans lump crab meat, drained or 2 cups fresh cooked crab meat
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ small onion, finely grated
- 3 – 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3 – 4 blades shadon beni, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped celery
- Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp pepper sauce or more if preffered (optional)
Cook the pasta and set aside to cool. You can place in the refrigerator for faster cooling time.
In a large bowl, mix together the onion, mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, cumin, shadon beni, celery, sweet pepper, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce if using.
Sprinkle the crab meat with the lime juice and add to the mayonnaise mixture. Mix well. At this point you can taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Add the pasta in 2 – 3 portions, along with the corn, mixing well after each addition. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Cover and refrigerate for at least ½ hour before serving.