- CHRISTMAS FRUIT MIX
- 1 348 g pack prunes, rinsed and seeds removed
- 1 330 g pack raisins, stems removed and rinsed
- ¼ cup citrus peel mix
- 375 ml rum
- 750 ml cherry brandy
- 2 ½ cups finely crushed digestive cookies, (approx 48 cookies)
- ¼ tsp grated lime zest
- 10 tbsp melted butter
- 12 drops almond essence
- CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz D’More House Homemade Ice Cream, Rum and Raisin
- ½ tsp rum and raisin essence
- 2 – 3½ tbsp honey
- Fruit Mix ; Place ingredients in the blender in two or three sections. Chop until fruit pieces are small but not mush. Store in refrigerator in a glass bottle for three weeks.
- Lightly grease a 8′ or 9 inch spring form pan and then line with waxed paper on the bottom and sides. Lightly grease the wax paper as well.
- For the Crust: In a medium bowl, mix the crushed cookies and grated lime peel together. Add the melted butter, 3 tbsp at a time, being sure to mix well each time. Add the essence and work in thoroughly. Using the back of a spoon, evenly press the cookie mixture onto the base of the pan making an even layer as possible. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 7 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
- For the Filling: Place the cream cheese in a bowl. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let sit for approximately 5 minutes.Add to the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the essence and honey and continue mixing. Chill for 1 hour.
- To Assemble: Place about 2½ cups of filling into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly to the sides. Add some of the strained fruit in a thin layer over the cheesecake filling. Place the remaining filling on top and finish with the strained fruit mix. Garnish with chopped cherries or as desired.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or for best results overnight. Remove from pan and place on decorative platter when ready to serve.