- 1 lb sliced firm fish of your choice e.g king fish
- 3 small limes, juiced
- Equal parts celery, chive, chadon beni, thyme, garlic –
- (Processed together in a blender)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pimentos, diced
- 4 – 5 cups water
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 6 ochroes, sliced (optional)
- 1 lb green fig, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tsp all purpose seasoning
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
Season fish with all purpose seasoning and 1 tbsp of grind seasoning. Refrigerate for half hour.
Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tbsp grind seasoning.
Add potatoes, green fig and ochroes.
When half cooked add tomatoes, lime juice and fish. You may need to add some more water.
Simmer for 20 minutes until fish is cooked. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve hot.