- 2 lbs sliced firm fish (e.g. king or carite)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 blades shadon beni, chopped
- 3 blades chive, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely, chopped
- 1 large lime
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin
- 6 eddoes, peeled, washed and halved
Season the fish with salt, pepper, ½ of shadon beni, ½ of chives, lime and garlic. Set aside.
In a large pot, place the onion, potatoes, carrots, pumpkin and eddoes. Cover with water. Add the all-purpose seasoning. Bring water to a boil and let the vegetables cook approximately 15 minutes.
When the vegetables are almost tender, add the fish. Reduce the heat and let the fish and vegetables continue to cook for a further 15 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve hot.