- FOR THE CHEESE
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 2 tbsp rum
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of one small lime
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 ripe pineapple (about 3lbs), peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 cayenne peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 large shadon beni leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1 whole watermelon (about 5 – 6lbs)
- FOR THE COCONUT CHEESE: In a small bowl, combine grated coconut, rum, honey and lime juice. Mix together thoroughly. Cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Overnight works too.
- PINEAPPLE CHOW TOPPING:In a medium bowl, combine diced pineapple, chopped cayenne, grated garlic and finely chopped herbs. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix together thoroughly. Cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut circles from the whole watermelon to represent a round pizza. You can also cut each circle into quarters to create individual servings.
- Because they were left to marinate, gorgeous juices will develop from both the coconut and pineapple chow mixtures. Strain both mixtures to obtain that juice. You may have to squeeze the coconut mixture to extract maximum juice. You can mix the juices together because they will become the sauce for the pizza.
- To make the pizza, start by drizzling the juice directly onto the watermelon. The watermelon will absorb all its delicious flavours. Next, top the watermelon with a pineapple chow. Finish off with the coconut cheese. Serve