- 8 hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 8 – 10 large white button or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 heaping tbsp mayonnaise
- Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped celery leaf
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Generous pinch of salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper or pepper sauce
- Paprika for sprinkling
Remove the egg yolks from the egg white shell and place in a large bowl. Place the egg whites on a platter.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.Add the mushrooms and let cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the garlic and mix in being careful not to burn. Add the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to the mushrooms. Mix well and remove from heat. Let cool for a few minutes. Set aside a few mushroom slices for garnish.
Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks, except the paprika. Add the mushroom mixture.
Beat the mixture with a hand mixer with the whisk attachment until everything is well blended. You can also use a fork to mash everything together. If the mixture is too thick add a little more mayonnaise. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Spoon the mixture into the egg white shells. Sprinkle with paprika and top each egg with a sliced mushroom. Refrigerate for at least ½ hour before serving.