- 1 lb chicken parts, washed and cut into small pieces
- Juice ½ small lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground geera or cumin
- 2 – 3 blades chadon beni, chopped
- 2 -3 blades chives, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pimento peppers, seeded and chopped
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- Few sprigs small thyme
- 1 tbsp ground geera or cumin
- 2 – 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
Place chicken in a bowl. Add the lime juice, salt, black pepper, curry powder, ½ tsp geera, chives, chadon beni, garlic, pimento peppers and thyme. Toss well to ensure the seasoning coats chicken. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove thyme sprigs from chicken.
Add the onion and let cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and the scotch bonnet pepper and stir.
Add 1 cup water and leave to cook, stirring intermittently.
After 10 – 15 minutes, add the remaining geera.
Mix and let cook for another 5 – 10 minutes. A little more water may be added if the mixture gets too dry.