- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ – ¾ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- lace the egg in a bowl. Add the sugar and oil, whisking to incorporate. Add the milk and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the oats to the flour and mix well. Add the flour and oat mixture in two parts to the wet ingredients and mix just until everything is incorporated.
- Heat approximately 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Drop 2 – 3 spoonfuls of batter into the pan, depending on the size of the pan.
- After a short while, bubbles will appear on the surface of the pancakes. Sprinkle a few goat cheese crumbles over the surface of the pancakes. Turn over on the other side and finish cooking. Remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve warm.