- 12 – 15 guavas
- 3 – 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 4 – 6 blades shadon beni
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ hot pepper (scotch bonnet), seeded and chopped or pepper sauce
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cut the ends off the guavas and cut into chunks. Place in a large bowl. (You can remove the seeds if you wish)
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Let rest for approximately ½ hour in refrigerator if desired to allow the flavours to blend and the salt to draw liquid from the fruit.