- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup wheat germ, honey preferably
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 oz butter or margarine
- 2 small jars or 1 large jar guava jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, oats, wheat germ, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter or margarine into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or hands until the mixture resembles large bread crumbs.
- Spread half the mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared dish. Spoon the jam over the oat mixture and using a spatula create and even layer over the oats. Top evenly with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 – 50 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool in dish. Cut into squares and remove. Serve.