- 4 – 6 large kale leaves, stems removed, chopped
- 2 – 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup cooked orzo
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 apples, thinly sliced, sprinkled with a little lime juice
- ¾ cup raisins
- 10 – 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- SALTFISH DRESSING
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup Nice and Spicy Saltfish
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with the lime juice.
- Add the orzo pasta and mix into the greens. Add the red onion, apples, raisins and tomatoes and toss well. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl add the vinegar. Add the mustard, garlic, saltfish, salt and black pepper. Mix together until combined. Add the olive oil in a stream, whisking constantly while adding so that the oil will emulsify. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- When ready to serve, drizzle in the saltfish vinaigrette a little at a time and toss lightly to incorporate, so that the salad is not over dressed. Serve any extra dressing on the side.