- 4 ¾ cups chicken stock
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¾ cup whole kernel corn
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 – 4 patchoi leaves, chopped (green part only), optional
- In a pot, add 4 cups chicken stock, ginger, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile mix together the remaining ¾ cup chicken stock with the cornstarch until dissolved. Lightly beat the egg and egg white in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- When the mixture is boiling, add the cornstarch mixture and mix well. The mixture will thicken a little. Let come to a boil again.
- Add the patchoi, corn, soy sauce, oyster sauce and a pinch of salt. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Swirl the mixture and slowly add the eggs, stirring while adding. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve hot.