- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz cold butter or margarine
- Approximately ¼ cup cold water
- Place flour and salt in a bowl.
- Cut the margarine into the flour using a pastry cutter or fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water a little at a time, mixing just until the dough comes together.
- Place the dough on a floured board and knead gently to form a ball. Flatten slightly to form a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for half hour.
- Remove and use as desired.