- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch piece ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp amchar masala
- 1 tbsp of dark geera powder
- 1- 2 limes, juiced
- 6 king fish fillets or any firm flesh fish
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1 – 1½ cups coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix together cinnamon, coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger, masala powder, geera, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in lime juice to make a smooth, thick paste.
Rinse the fish fillets and pat them dry. Liberally spread the spicy paste evenly over the fish. Allow to marinate refrigerated for at least 3 hours.
Heat oil in a large wide sauté pan over medium heat and cook onion and until soft.
Add the fish and fry on both sides, 2-3 minutes on each side.
Pour in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper; cover pan and simmer for 12-15 minutes.