- 1 1/3 Cup of Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Cocoa
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ½ lb Margarine
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine, add cocoa and stir to blend.
- Pour butter/cocoa mixture into a large mixing bowl. Blend in sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs and continue blending.
- Add flour mixture, beat till smooth. Blend in milk, vanilla essence and nuts if using. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan. Cut into suitable sizes before serving.