- 20 – 25 mini sweet peppers
- ½ lb minced meat, seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning, ketchup, red pepper flakes
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice off lengthwise the top of the peppers. Remove any seeds from the cavity of the pepper. Dice the slivers and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the meat and peppers and cook until the meat is browned. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the grated mozzarella cheese to the meat and mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the peppers and place on prepared baking dish. Top each pepper with a little grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the peppers are cooked. Remove and serve.