- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado seeded,peeled and cut in cubes
- (sprinkle the cubes with lime juice to prevent discolouring)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Fresh ground black pepper
Place the romaine lettuce in a large salad bowl. Top with the arugula lettuce and spinach leaves. Toss together or use tongs to mix the greens.
Sprinkle the greens with the lime juice, then a little salt and pepper. Add the onion slices and gently mix to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed.
Place the avocado and the tomatoes on top of the greens. Sprinkle with just a touch more salt and pepper. Taste and drizzle just a little more lime juice if needed. Be careful not to over dress or over salt the salad. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.