- 2 cans chunk tuna (preferably in water), drained
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups arugla lettuce
- ½ pack fresh spinach leaves
- ½ large red onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup grated cheese (optional)
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and black pepper
Place the chopped romaine, arugla and spinach leaves in a large salad bowl.
Sprinkle with lime juice and then a little salt and black pepper. Toss the greens well to mix.
Add the sliced onions and sweet pepper. Mix into the greens.
Add the tuna and the tomatoes and gently incorporate into the salad. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lime juice if needed.
Sprinkle with the grated cheese if using. Refrigerate until ready to serve. If preferred, you can sprinkle the cheese just before serving.