- 2 ½ LBS Good N Natural Cracked Wheat flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- 4 tsp salt
- 7 tsp sugar
- 7 tsp shortening / butter
- Water to make soft but not sticky dough
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Melt fat. Add melted fat to the dry ingredients.
- Add enough water to make soft but not sticky dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured board until smooth and manageable. Divide into two balls and shape into loaves
- Place in a greased loaf pan and allow to rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 C) for 30 minutes. Remove and cool.