- 1 KG FRY BAKE MIX
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Water for mixing
- Oil for frying
- Add enough water to make soft but not sticky dough. Knead until smooth. Divide dough into small portions ( 2 – 4 ozs)
- Shape into small balls, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Place oil in fryer to heat. (Add enough oil to deep fry dough. Dough must be completely submerged in hot oil.)
- Roll balls flat to about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Place in hot oil. ( oil should begin to bubble). Fry until golden brown on both sides. ( turn from side to side, bake should float in oil).
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Serve warm, Store any leftovers in an air tight container or plastic bag.
- THINGS TO NOTE2. If dough does not float when placed in oil. Add more oil and allow to heat3. If bake appears cooked on the outside but raw on the inside, lower heat.
- 1 If browning too quickly, lower flame