- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp wheat germ
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the wheat germ and cranberries and mix into the flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk and oats. Let sit for a few minutes until the oats have softened. Beat the eggs and then add the oat and milk mixture, melted butter, essence and honey. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins with 2/3 of the batter in each and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 – 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest briefly for a 1 – 2 minutes and then remove from the pan to a cooling rack. Serve.