- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Add the oats, salt and black pepper. Add just enough water to mix a dough. You may need to add a little more flour if dough is sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for approximately 1 – 2 minutes until smooth. Form into a ball and let rest or ½ hour.
- Form the dough into preferred shaped dumplings and cook in boiling water. Dumplings are cooked when they float to the top.
- Remove and serve as desired.