- 1½ cups orzo pasta
- 2 tins chunk tuna drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 2 – 3 blades shadon beni, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper sauce or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 large tomato diced
Cook the orzo in boiling water, drain and let cool.
Meanwhile a large bowl combine the olive oil, mustard, red onion, garlic, chives, shadon beni, salt and pepper sauce.
Add the tuna, followed by the beans and corn. Mix well.
Add the pasta and mix ensuring everything is easily distributed. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, mix in the diced tomatoes.