- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 level tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 oz margarine
- 1 bottle pimento pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 2 – 3 minutes or until ingredients are just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour half the batter into greased loaf pan. Evenly dot with the pepper jelly. Pour the rest of the batter over the jelly. Run a knife quickly through the batter once or twice to mix the jelly and the batter.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Turn onto wire rack and let cool a few minutes before cutting.