- 20 – 25 small pommecythere or
- 10 – 12 large ones, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 5 – 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 6 – 8 blades shadon beni, chopped
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 hot pepper (scotch bonnet), seeded and chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Place the pommecythere in a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Let rest for approximately ½ hour in refrigerator if desired to allow the flavours to blend and the salt to draw liquid from the fruit.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.