- 4 – 5 small portugals, peeled and pegs seperated
- 2 – 3 large pommecytheres, peeled and cut in chunks
- 5 – 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 4 – 6 blades shadon beni, chopped
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 hot pepper (scotch bonnet), seeded and chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Place the portugals and pommecythere in a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Let rest for approximately ½ hour in refrigerator if desired to allow the flavours to blend and the salt to draw liquid from the fruit.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.