- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced (you can use rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 2 hoagie buns
Heat the oil in a skillet.
Add the mushrooms, onions and peppers. Cook until just soft. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add the chicken to the pan and heat through.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Split the buns. Fill with hot chicken mixture.
Add the cheese slices.
Place sandwiches on baking sheet and place in hot oven for 3 -5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.