From StarIng Challenge on Cup of Joe TT
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small sweet pepper, red or green, seeded and diced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 can black eye peas, drained and rinsed
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or pepper sauce
- 1 tsp fresh green seasoning
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Extra grated cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, mix together the cheeses, mayonnaise, mustard, a pinch of salt, black pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saute pan. Fry the onions and sweet peppers, green seasoning, just until the peppers begin to soften. While cooking season with a little salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Let cool for 2 minutes. Add to the cheese mixture and mix well.
- Add the black eye peas and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Put the mixture in the dish, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with the extra grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove and serve with choice of chips, vegetables or crisp bread/baguette slices